Visa to Russia
Consular Section of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Botswana issues visas, depending on the purpose of a trip and period of stay on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Regardless the type of visa an applicant should present the following documents to the Consular Section of the Embassy:
1) Valid foreign passport (diplomatic, official, ordinary) and its copy. The passport should not raise doubts about its authenticity. Any marks, reservations, inscriptions, erasures or corrections in the passport are not acceptable. There should be at least two blank pages for visas in the passport and its expiry date must exceed the visa expiry date by six months.
2) Visa application form filled out online through the special website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia: visa.kdmid.ru.
3) One photo, size 3,5 x 4,5 cm (black-and-white or coloured) with the accurate image of the person in full face without glasses and headdress.
4) Document which gives to a foreign citizen right to continuously stay in Botswana for more than 90 days in case if the foreign citizen applies for a visa not in the state of his/her citizenship.
5) Certificate about absence of the HIV-infection (only for the foreigners, travelling to the Russian Federation for the period of more than three months).
6) Certificate of medical insurance (for citizens of some third countries).
7) Consular fee payment receipt.
8) Other documents depending on the type of visa.
The visa can be issued only after all required documents are submitted to the Consular Section.
The documents for visa should be presented personally or by the applicant's lawful representative.
After documents are submitted the applicant is issued a receipt with date of visa issuance. It is obligatory to present this receipt for subsequent visa collection.
When receiving a visa an applicant should check the correctness of all data indicated in it: surname, period of trip, passport number, date of birth, etc. The applicant should immediately inform the consular officer about any errors in visa.
In exceptional circumstances the Consular Section retains the right to decline the issuance of visa without any explanation.
The paid consular fees are not subject to return.
Please note: if you have cancelled passport with valid visa, it is necessary to relocate valid visa from cancelled passport to the new one in the Consular Section of the Embassy before travelling to Russia.